BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sabtu, 14 Mei 2011

childhood memories



childhood memories are really precious, i'm telling you.

why? because, it is something only we ourselves can remember, n reminescent about it

remembering how it feels, how fun it was, or how sad, or how frightening...

it is not the same when your parents tells you, 'when you were 6, you used to fall down that tree and stayed at the hospital for 5 days'

thats just going to leave you baffled and go 'uh, okay..' because you cant remember..


my own childhood memories that i can remember start as early as i was 3. ....what? you dont believe it?..haha

i remember being so angry and sad because my grandmother left me to go on holiday somewhere

there i was, carried by my father, crying and wailing while the bus that fetch my grandmother just drives away,

maybe because i was so sad, so so sad, it's permanently carved to my memory..

earliest memory i'd say..


lucky me, i never ever had any experience of moving to a new neighbourhood,

adjusting to a new environment etc.

i've always live here, here where i grow up to be a 21 years old girl/woman whose typing in her room in her house in this village.


here, where at the left side of my home there were a mine that was used to be operated.

there, me n my cousins and friends played kites every evening, got chased by the orang Asli's dog

(lucky i was with my father riding a motorcycle) while getting there.:)

there was this one evening, where it's suddenly rain, so we have to wait in the underground pipe room at the mine

for my father to come and fetch us all..

but we ended up wet anyway, so we just continue to play under the rain around the house when we got back home.


then, at the right side of my house, there was a small river..

(now its so so small, but deep because of the construction of the new road in front of my house)

my father used to catch some fish with net while me and my brother were kicking, and splashing the water beside him in the river,

(i cant remember if he managed to catch any with us playing excitedly and frightened all the fishes)


we did moved twice, from a rented house to the one opposite it.(they were my grandmother's)

then we build a new house, right next to the previous one, and make it our permanent home.

i practically live on this ground, right now all of my life,

and this is where i've been living for the past 7 years now and still counting.

now looking back, i realised how much i missed the time when i was young,

do not have the care in the world about anything except for having fun

and i wonder 'its a pity, my brothers dont have sweet sweet memories like i did '


they've never been chased by a mother hen, or dog, or a deaf man...(dont ask)

never been fishing together by the river.

never ever take a bath from the well that my father dug at the back of our house.


but....no, i think i'm wrong.

they're creating their own memories now. and one day, 10 years from now,

maybe they'll wonder how they used to play badminton, n play games from their sister's laptop

fell while riding the motorcycle just because a bird flap its wing to one of my brother's face (yup, dont ask too),

and singing all those english songs together with their friends.

(at my time, dangdut n classic rock were THE songs) :D

like how i did just now.


and my children in the future also have different memories from mine

just like mine was different from my parents.

i think everyone's childhood memories are different, just like how mine are not the same with the others

but they are all the same in one way. they are Irreplacable.

p/s: loads of grammar mistakes, n i dont care.:)

0 comments: